As many schools have closed, this now becomes an opportunity for teachers to take back your profession. When students return, administrators will be chasing their tails trying to fit kids into that little standardized box full of word games and math riddles.
They will not know how to deal with the time frames relating to the test. Get together with colleagues, be it in person or on line, and develop that plan to subvert the system for the benefit of all kids.
It is easy to say you don't have enough information to give a letter grade. But you can make a statement telling parents what their child has learned and what they will be studying.
It is easy to say they are behind in reading. But you can say "let's stop school two times a week for 45 minutes and put kids on their reading levels using every available educator to bring group sizes down dramatically".
It's easy to say you can't retain kids in their grade, but you can say "we will use failure as a learning tool to re teach kids immediately.
There are many more thoughts in my book as well as others. This time off is an opportunity to show what teachers are made of. Go to it!
1. TELL ADMINISTRATORS THERE IS NO TIME TO DO THE TEST IN A CORRECT MANNER.
2. PUT ON YOUR TRENCH COAT AND PULL YOUR FEDORA OVER ONE EYE.
3. READ MY BOOK ( www.wholechildreform.com ) FOR IDEAS.
4. DEVELOP THE PLAN TO SUBVERT THE SYSTEM IN THE BEST INTEREST OF CHILDREN.
5. PRESENT AND IMPLEMENT THAT PLAN. (administrators will not know what hit them)
IF NOT NOW, WHEN?